Raise your little internet hands if you love cheesecake, because I do! So naturally in one of my weekly Pinterest sessions I found THIS recipe for gulten free cheesecake. Now as always with gluten free recipes I was skeptical to try this but I figured it was worth a shot. I figured this one couldn’t be awful mostly because i could pronounce all of the ingredients with ease which, typically, is not the case with gluten substitutes. In another unexpected plot twist before I tried this recipe out I decided i wasn’t going to tell my taste testers (my roommates and my wonderful boyfriend) what was so different about this recipe, mostly because its not weird for me to bake for the room so they wouldn’t be suspicious but also so I could find out if they could actually taste the difference or not. So without further aude lets give it a try.
here is what you will need
- Chex crust or GF cookie crust prepared in 9-inch spring form pan (If not doing the Chex crust I recommend 1½ cups GF shortbread cookie crumbs plus 2-3 tbsp butter for a wonderful crust)
- 3 8-ounce packages of cream cheese, softened
- 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 large eggs
- 8-ounces sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Start by preheating your oven to 350degrees and place a pan of water on the bitten shelf
grab a big ol mixing bowl and beat that cream cheese until its “fluffy”
gradually beat in the condensed milk until it is no longer fluffy but , smooth.
then beat in the eggs ONE AT A TIME followed by sour cream and vanilla
put that into your 9 inch spring pan and cook for 55 minutes.
**PRO TIP DO THIS WHEN YOUR ROOMMATES ARENT HOME OR ELSE YOULL GET A BIG UGLY CRACK DOWN THE CENTER LIKE I DID ** yes, i’m still bitter about it.
then let your cheese cake (hopefully uncracked) cool in the fridge for 4 hours or until it is completely cool, and then serve.
now many people feel strongly about how a cheesecake should be topped i personally believe everything is better with strawberries. so I’ve included a link be low to a really delicious gluten free strawberry topping.
- Simple Strawberry Sauce by My Sweet Mission
- Read more: http://recreatinghappiness.com/dessert-recipes/the-best-sour-cream-cheesecake/#ixzz3tqGMaTBR